Back on the Job
So yesterday was my first day at my new job. I in-processed at 10am and then headed on post for my first official day of work. Talk about information overload. I met so many new people and was given so many different briefs about what is expected of me, or where the projects are currently standing, or what the new contract entails, or what I should expect of my team, etc, etc, etc. By the end of the day, my brain was so saturated, it would not hold anything else. I am not sure how I survived, but I did and was able to return again today for more of the same. But this time, I was able to understand a bit more and am starting to get a small handle on a few things. It's only my second day on the job, but I am already expected to be an expert so I better study and talk to the right people and get up to par quickly.
My team seems nice. It's a little weird to be team lead when I am the youngest one on the team, but I have the most experience in this field, so I guess that's why I was hired. We even have a German national on the team. He has a very heavy German accent so it's fun to listen to him talk. I hope I can be a good team lead and help mentor and guide my team so they can have successful careers. They seem eager to learn and to become more proficient in the technology field. It is kind of exciting to see.
0 comments:
Post a Comment