Goals for the New Year
It's February 1st, so it's a good time to declare my goals for the new year. :o)
This year, I really, really want to walk a marathon. I tried to do it last year, but it didn't work out. So this year, I will train and prepare to walk a marathon in October. I am going to try to sign up for the St. George, UT marathon (because it is one of three in the country that is on Saturday, and because I have family there), but I am not sure if they allow walkers. If they don't allow them, I will map out 26 miles around the city where I live and make my own marathon. I actually think that will be a lot of fun. My sister said she would set up booths at different points to give me water and snacks. I am really excited about this.
In preparation of my marathon, I've been walking long distances every Saturday. I have a long way to go to reach 26 miles...the farthest I've been is six miles so far. Every month I will add a few miles more until I can walk 26. This is my major goal for this year.
Other goals include:
- Relearn to play the piano (or learn play it better than I did before)
- Read my scriptures more faithfully
- Stop procrastinating little things
- Plant and harvest a garden
- Travel somewhere fun
- Communicate better with people (write more emails, blog more diligently, call people more)
So yeah. That's it in a nutshell. I love the beginning of a new year. It gives you an opportunity to re-evaluate your life and make goals. This will be a good year!
2 comments:
You go girl! If I wasn't prego I would walk a marathon with you around Sierra Vista. Instead, I will set up a few water stations with Kelly to root you on as you go. Just tell me when and where.
Those are some great goals!! You should definatly blog more!!
Post a Comment