Thursday, February 19, 2009

Flying Adventures

Have you ever been in moderate to severe turbulence? It's not so fun. On my return trip from Utah, the plane had to go through a storm system to land in Phoenix. When we were above the clouds, it was fine, but as we descended into the storm, we had a BUMPY ride. Every few minutes, either the flight attendants or the captain would come on the intercom and announce that we will have moderate to severe turbulence into Phoenix and everyone must stay in their seats with their seat belts fastened. On one such announcement, the plane dropped so fast that we heard over the intercom, "Please remain seated with your seat belts...OW!". After the plane stabilized again, my sister and I had a good laugh at that announcement. That was until I saw that same flight attendant being gingerly escorted to the front of the plane and helped into a seat. Then when we finally got through the rest of the bumpy flight down and landed in Phoenix, the captain announced our arrival then told us to remain in our seats when we pull up to the gate because we had an injury and the paramedics are waiting in the gateway. I guess he got hurt pretty badly. When we were finally able to leave the plane, we saw him in the terminal with the paramedics around him running routine tests. Poor guy! I hope he recovers quickly!

We had to hurry through the Phoenix airport to catch our plane to Tucson. We ended up waiting a little while to board the plane, and then when everyone was on, seated, and seatbelted, and after the flight attendants went through the security announcements, and the captain was ready to push back and start our flight, a person on the ground crew with a little too much muscle closed the luggage compartment door so hard, he took it off the track. We had to wait about an hour until someone could come and fix the door. But we did get a free bottle of water out of the deal. :o)

What fun adventures my sister Jessica and I had on our way home from Utah!

2 comments:

Christy

oh my gosh. how funny. I'm glad you could see the humor in it. I'm deathly afraid of turbulence. I wouldn't have been as composed. Fun times!

Randi

I have a huge fear of any movement other than forward while I am on a plane. You are a good sport.