At last...
I went to my Visiting Teaching group tonight and was indirectly told I needed to update my blog. I KNOW, I KNOW!! It has been far too long. This month has been crazy busy, though. I didn't realize how much work there is as a Stake Young Women Secretary. Now we are in the Ward Conference cycle, and I've had to make posters for our Sunday lesson, bookmarks for each girl and their leaders, write and give a portion of the lesson, gather information about the ward YW presidencies (and we've had so many changes in the past two months!!... Every ward has either had a complete change or had three or more changes in counselors or advisers. CRAZY!), and get information about the class presidencies for the priesthood leaders to read over the pulpit when sustaining the church leadership. And we've only been to two of the eight ward conferences so far. On top of that, I've attended three YW presidency meetings (one with the Aaronic Priesthood leaders and Stake Presidency rep) in the last three weeks. And two camp meetings, even though camp is in July. I created and passed out posters and handouts for the upcoming Winter Ball (a formal dance for the youth ages 14 and up hosted by the Stake YW leaders). I've been to one New Beginnings (in Douglas...an hour drive from here) and there are more to go to in the next few weeks (which, by the way, I am super excited about. I love the Young Women's program and I am really glad I am back in this auxiliary!). I am not complaining; I am just letting you know how busy I've been. I really do love this calling.
Aside from my church calling, I've been to two different book groups (I hosted one of them), I attended an office Holiday party (where I won an IPOD shuffle ... WOOT!), hosted a LOST party, went to a surprise birthday party for a friend, helped decorate a wedding cake, taught an American Sign Language class to the 3rd Ward Laurels (young women group ages 16 and 17), set up my mom's new TV to her impossibly difficult entertainment system, did some minor plumbing for my mom, and went to my visiting teaching group tonight. So yes...I've been REALLY BUSY this month. Almost too busy to even breath, let alone blog. I've only had one night a week with nothing to do for the past four weeks. And on those days I just want to sit and veg and catch up on whatever TV I've been missing (which hasn't been a lot lately. I've really cut down on TV watching...it doesn't seem as important since certain events last year) or whatever book I'm reading. February is shaping up to be just as busy, but I will try to be more diligent at blogging. I have some things I really want to blog about, but I just haven't had a chance.
Oh, and all the above happened AFTER 5pm. I also work full time and I have a VERY FULL work day as well, sometimes working 10 hour days. I really love my job, though, so that makes it easier. It is so fun and everyday is different. The days go by quickly and I accomplish a lot in a day, so I feel very fulfilled. It was a very good change and I am glad I moved jobs.
So I apologize I haven't been very good at blogging this month, but I hope you understand what I've been up against. :o)
4 comments:
As long as we get to hear from you once and a while :)
You are CRAZY BUSY! Happy you like it though...so great you find the joy in EVERYTHING...a true example to me.
Make sure to make time for American Idol...isn't that one of your faves?
I guess we can for go the flogging that was scheduled... you have been busy after all...
I've missed seeing you in church. Hope to see you ever now and then.
I am glad to see that all of our pressure to update worked! You are so busy. I can't believe how much you manage each day. I am lucky to make it to work and back before I am dragging on the floor. It was good to see you the other night. Have a great week Erin.
I loved your albums. I will be going to Alaska in July for one of my cousins weddings. I can not wait. I love to travel, and I am glad you put up all the information about your trips. I am living vicariously through your blog.
Post a Comment