Thursday, January 1, 2009

An Unexpected Christmas Gift!

On Christmas Day, my mom, my sisters, and I went to visit my dad's grave. When we arrived we were given an unexpected Christmas gift:

We were not told the grave marker was here. We expected it to be installed in the early part of next year. So we were very pleased (well, as pleased as you can be in this situation) to see it set up, ready for us on Christmas Day.

Here are some other images of the grave yard. It is surrounded by the Huachuca Mountains, mountains my dad always loved. It is really peaceful there, so we feel blessed that it could be my dad's last resting place.


By the way, the "No Empty Chairs" at the bottom on my dad's tombstone is one of his famous sayings. He always said "No empty chairs at our celestial table", meaning he wants all of his family together in the eternities. We thought it was appropriate to put on the marker...it serves as a reminder to us to do what we need to do (keep the commandments, honor our covenants, choose the right, and endure to the end) to be able to be reunited with our husband/father/brother/friend again.

1 comments:

Christy

Gosh I just got all teary eyed. I love that saying and was hoping you would mention what it meant. That totally sounds like something he would say. :) I'm glad you guys had a nice surprise.