Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Gift for you...

Here is my Christmas gift to you: The recipe for the award winning Chocolate Chip Cookies. With permission from Christy, enjoy...



Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix together in a large bowl:
  • 1 heaping cup brown sugar
  • 2 cubes butter cold out of fridge (cut butter up)
Add to brown sugar mixture:
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
Mix until creamy.

In separate bowl mix:
  • 2-½ cups flour
  • 5 oz. pkg. Instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
Add flour mixture to creamy mixture:
Blend 3-4 minutes

Add 1 whole bag of chocolate chips

Don’t roll or use a cookie scoop. Use spoon. Grease on your hands will break it down. Don’t use baking stone. Use un-greased cookie sheet. 350ยบ for 11-12 minutes. No more, no less. They will still look a little doughy and light brown when you take them out. Leave them on the pan to keep cooking.

5 comments:

A Bunch of Paynes

YUMMY! That is a good gift. I have had way too many sweets already, but those really sound good...and I do have chocolate chips...

Christy

YayYay! and I make these cookies so much I have it memorized! So, yup. The recipe looks right and I hope everyone enjoys how wonderful these are. I use these cookies for bartering for help when my husband is gone. I can get anyone to do anything for me. Change my car battery, kill a mouse, run to the store. ;) They're THAT good.

.

I will be trying them...THANKS girls!!

A Bunch of Paynes

I made them! They were really really good. I only had a small thing of vanilla pudding, so I added chocolate pudding mix to make up the difference. It turned the cookies a darker color and gave it a hint of chocolate flavor. Do you pack the brown sugar? I wasn't sure because it said one heaping cup...Loose or packed? Anyways, they were yummy, thanks again!

Erin

Yay! I am so glad you made the cookies, Keri! I also did that the first time I made them...put chocolate pudding in the mix because I didn't have enough vanilla. They are really good either way. I usually pack the brown sugar, but I'm not really sure what Christy does. Either way, they still work. I'm glad you enjoyed the cookies!!