Rolling Shutters
Ever since I bought my own house, I have wanted something to block out the bright morning sun that pierces through my bedroom window and wakes me up in the wee hours of the morning during the summer months. I have longed for those great European shutters, rolatens (spelled something like that), we had over in Germany that shut out 99% of the light. They were awesome! I looked around to try to find something like that, but every blind and shutter company I talked to had no idea what I was talking about.
Finally, a friend saw an commercial for Tucson Rolling Shutters. They actually sell those German shutters I have wanted for years. So I called them and set up an appointment for them to travel to Sierra Vista to fit my windows with shutters.
This week they finally came and installed the three shutters for my three bedrooms.
Here is what they did:
STEP 1: Put together the frames and attach them to the house.
STEP 2: Drill a hole from the outside of the house to the inside.
STEP 3: Attach the shutter housing to the frame.
STEP 4: Push the strap through the hole into the house.

STEP 5: Make sure the shutters roll down the frame properly and make sure all parts work properly in the housing.
STEP 6: Attach the mechanics to the inside so the strap can be used to open or shut the shutters.
FINAL STEP: Caulk around the frame to seal the shutters to the house.
So there you have it. Now here are the before and after pictures:




And here is the strap and the spring-loaded device that allows the shutters to be easily opened and closed.

But they hide really nicely behind curtains:

There are more added benefits other than blocking out 99% of the light...it also provides security, and it helps with heating/cooling bills. Isn't it great!
I LOVE these rolling shutters!
3 comments:
I love black out blinds. They have them in Germany and it made things so difficult for me to sleep when I came home and had the sun shining on me in the morning. I wish you many peaceful mornings.
Will they come all the way to Blythe???? I need those here for the HEAT! Love them. Glad you will be able to sleep in :)
Those are the most amazing shutters! I can't believe you found them. And how amazing that there is someone here that installs them. I wish the trend would catch on everywhere here. They have so many benefits. But I'm going to get them to come out to our house.
Post a Comment