California Dreamin'
I recently had the opportunity to go with a friend to California over Memorial Day weekend. It was a much needed get away from my busy, busy life. I drove with her and her four children to San Clemente on Friday (after work) and flew home that next Tuesday.
We stayed at her sister's house, which, by the way is the nicest house I've ever stayed in. Her sister and brother-in-law went to Italy for a bicycle tour around Tuscany and my friend watched their three kids while they were gone. I helped for the first couple of days, but then she was on her own with the seven...she survived because she is home now...and in one piece. :o)
The kids were really well behaved. I was really impressed with all of them. It was fun playing with the kids, hanging out, going to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, swimming in their pool, watching the sun set on the beach, going to a HUGE California mall, dining out and dining in, playing games, going on walks, and doing whatever else we could think of.
Thanks, Anne, for inviting me!
Below are some pictures of the sunset on the beach:


3 comments:
So fun! Those are some great pictures. I'm glad you had fun. What mall was it? I'm trying to picture which one since I used to live out there. California is awesome!
Erin I am so glad that you were able to get some R & R. The beach pictures are amazing.
I LOVE San Clemente. I LOVE the beaches there. Fun for you to go with Anne. Great sunset picture.
Think of you lots!
Post a Comment