Contractor Accolades
I recently had a HUGE PROJECT at work where I had to write a troubleshooting guide for the Army. I was just doing my job and I tried to do the best I could. My boss's boss's boss is the one who tasked my team to write this document. After we were able to turn in the final copy and send it out to be reviewed by upper level government and Army personnel, that same person (my boss's boss's boss) sent the following email to the contracting office to forward to my company:
********************************************************
FROM: MB (director of organization)
SENT: Thursday, April 2, 2009
TO: SG (contracting officer)
SUBJECT: Contractor Accolades
SG,
About 2 weeks ago, there was a significant problem across the entire [Army] related to [cryptographic processes (PKI)]. In working with the [different organizations], it became apparent there was no clear guide to troubleshooting PKI issues.
I asked the PKI team to develop a PKI Troubleshooting Guide and within 2 weeks received the best quality, first draft product I have seen in well over 15 years. The work done by this team was excellent and very responsive to NETCOM's global operations mission.
Please pass my compliments to the company on this excellent effort and the associated PKI team.
I was especially impressed by the work Erin Callahan did in getting this task accomplished.
This was a job very well done...
MB
********************************************************
WOW!!! In my ten years as working for an Army Contractor, I have never received that big of accolades! I was not expecting that AT ALL! Like I said, I was just trying to do my best. This email was sent all around the higher management of the Army organization I am contracted to, as well as my company in town and the upper management of the corporate office in Reston, VA. WOW!!
Needless to say, I had a very good day on Thursday. :o)
1 comments:
Wow! That's so amazing! Yay! I love it when that happens. Congrats
Post a Comment