Backyard Fun!
Recently, I decided it was time to FINALLY get my backyard ready for the Spring. I hadn't touched it since the Fall so it was pretty messy...with all the leaves from my trees still in piles around the patio where the wind blew them, and tall, and I mean tall, weeds growing in my otherwise empty flower beds.
So I got out my sucker/blower machine and started vacuuming up the leave when my very awesome neighbor came into my backyard to give me something. When she was leaving, she asked if her kids could come help with anything. I said (halfway joking), Sure! They can weed. So she sent her four kids over, plus three more boys she was watching for a friend, plus two neighborhood kids who were playing over at her house. I had 10 kids (ages 2 to 9) pulling weeds, raking leaves, punching holes in my grass to aerate it, and shoveling dirt, while I vacuumed my leaves and gave instructions to keep everyone occupied and happy. My neighbor was over helping with the work too. It was a lot of fun to have so many people work in my backyard. And the kids had fun too! Those boys LOVED to pull the huge honking weeds. And they cheered when a lot of the root came with it. It was fun to see them having fun with something I was dreading. What would have taken me hours and hours to do, we had done within one hour.
Now my yard is looking decent again. I just need to plant my gardens (flower and kitchen) and I'll be good to go!
2 comments:
Good for you Erin. Our backyard has looked like a jungle since we moved. I love that you have nice neighbors that would come and help you. You lucky girl.
And where are the pictures?
Post a Comment