Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Busy, Busy Again

So you are probably wondering where I have been lately. I've been doing the impossible! I was tasked at work with a very hard assignment in an impossible time frame, but I took my time management skills I had during college out of storage, dusted them off, and organized my and my team's time and accomplished what other people thought we could not do. We had to write a troubleshooting guide for the Army and submit a polished draft one week after we were tasked. We had no idea what we were doing, but we hit the road running...researching, talking to people who did know, having impromptu training sessions with experts, etc...to be able to learn what we had to know to write this document. My team submitted their parts to me and I compiled them together to make it sound like one person wrote the document. I submitted the polished draft to the director who tasked us, and he seemed very pleased with our efforts. He gave us some more ideas of what to flesh out, and he gave me to that Friday to turn in the final copy. I was able to add the details and turn it in on time. Today I was told to send it to off to Army officials making the decisions. Wow! That was a little scary when I pressed SEND on the email message. But it's out there and will probably become an official Army document in the next two weeks. I was told by my government team lead that our boss was in a meeting with other management folks, and held up my document and said it was the best first draft ever submitted for our organization. Double WOW!! That is such a compliment! That made my day today...actually, it made all our work, stress, and lack of sleep worth it! Yay!

While we were working on that document, we had another huge project that was due the same time. And some how we were able to get that finished also. Also, I was able to update two more documents I've been struggling with for two months.

On the home front, I was put in charge of decorating the tables for the Young Womanhood Recognition dinner on Saturday. I decided I wanted to make table runners for 12 tables as part of the decorations. For someone who has hardly sewed in her life, that might have been a little ambitious, but I thought the table runners could be used more than once, so I wanted to make them nice...and double sided. I only used one side for the tables on Saturday, and the other side can be used at a future event. I was a sewing factory for two weeks!! Every waking moment at home was sewing, sewing, sewing! I finished the last four table runners Saturday morning mere hours before the event. :o) But dummy me! I forgot a camera to capture the table decorations for all to see. Oh well.

I really don't know I got so much accomplished during the last two weeks, but I've learned if you put your mind to it...you can accomplish anything! Even the impossible.

0 comments: