Blonde Moment
Yesterday morning, I had an interesting, but confusing experience:
I was running late to work but I wasn't that worried...I could make up the time. My music was a little louder than normal in the car, but it was a good song so it was all cool. I had to drive around the parking lots a few times until I could find a space...I had to park about 1/2 mile away from my building because the parking lots were mostly full by the time I got there and the only available spaces were in the outer reaches. I got out of the car, swung my bag over my shoulder, and started walking to the building. I took about two steps when I heard...
Hello?
Hello?
I thought...where is that coming from? It sounds like my friend Danny's voice on speaker phone. Hmmm... I'm so confused!
Then I realized, it's coming from my bag! I pulled out my phone.
Me: "Did I call you?"
Danny (laughing): "Yes, you called me!"
Me (totally confused): "How? I just got out of my car and my phone was in my purse."
Danny (still laughing): "I called you a minute ago and then you called me back."
Me (still totally confused): "That's weird. I didn't hear the phone ringing. And it's been in my purse! I haven't touched my phone!"
Danny: (laughing hard)
Me: "I must have hit some buttons when I swung my bag on my shoulder. That's so crazy. It was the right combination to call you AND put you on speaker phone!" (laughing hard as well)
I was having this conversation through the parking lot still on speaker phone. The other people walking into the building kept looking at me. I just got a new cell phone, and I still don't know all the ins and outs of it. I didn't even know how to turn off the speaker phone. I know now. :o)
We got a good laugh about that one. I'm glad I bag-called Danny and not someone I don't know very well. :o)
3 comments:
it's a good thing you didn't call him while your music was blaring and you were singing your brains out. I'm deathly afraid I'm gonna do that one day. hahaha! Cuz that would definitely give people a good laugh.
That's so funny. I called my roommate when I was in college once. My phone was in my back pocket and my butt dialed her number. All she heard was me singing along to the radio. I think everyone with a cell phone has had some sort of similar experience. I am glad we can laugh at them.
That's funny. Someone called me by accident and they were having an argument. It was pretty funny, I just listened and laughed.
Post a Comment