Friday, November 7, 2008

My Father

My father, Michael Brian Callahan, passed away yesterday (Nov 6) at 12:14 in the morning. He was surrounded by his family when he died. He is no longer suffering and he is in a much better place. We are grateful to him and the wonderful legacy he left. I hope I can be half the person he was! I will truly miss my daddy, but I know he will always be watching over me and my family. He is paving the way for us to return to him someday.

I would like to thank everyone for all the prayers, love, and concern that you have shown our family during these past few weeks. It is incredible how our friends and family in the ward, stake, community, and around the country have rallied around our family. We have really been blessed because of you. We will probably need more prayers on our behalf since we lost our beloved father and husband, but I know we will be well taken care of. The Lord is in control and He knows what is best. We may not understand it right now, but I keep thinking of the scripture...This will be but a moment. I am so glad we have an eternal perspective and can anticipate seeing my father again. And in the grand scheme of things, this will be a short separation. It will hurt now, and we will hate it, but it seems my dad is needed on the other side of the veil and he will accomplish great things over there. In his short 60 years of life, he has already accomplished a lot of great things on this earth.

Funeral services will be Thursday, November 13 at 11am. The viewing will begin at 9:30. He will be buried in Southern Arizona Veterans' Memorial Cemetery at 1pm.

2 comments:

Rebekah

Our prayers are with you and your family. We know that Mike is happy and watching us, it is those of us left behind that feel like our losses and our trials are more than we can bear. Stay strong and know your family will always be here for you (that includes your large extended family). Love you and see you soon.
Love Matt, Rebekah and Nya

Kevin and Kimberly

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. I how you got the e-mail I sent you. Heidi gave me your info so I hope you don't mind me writing you. Your dad was such a wonderful person and the world is a better place because of him. He influenced many. My prayers and thoughts are with your family. I know what it is like to lose a dad. My dad died January 2007. It will be difficult at times, but the Lord will fortify your heart and you will rejoice in the things that are transpiring. What helped my family was telling stories and memories of my dad--keep his memory alive. Take care of yourself, and thank goodness for the knowledge of eternal families, which your dad freely shared with everyone! WE love you! Kevin and Kimberly Edington and our 5 boys