In Loving Memory
The funeral is over. Our family and friends have gone home. Now we have to find a new normal in our everyday lives without my dad. It is so strange to think my dad is gone. It still doesn't seem real to me. The day of the funeral I couldn't stop crying because it was so real then, but I've slipped back to denial and not believing this tragic thing really happened.
The funeral was really beautiful. The spirit was so strong and everyone did such a wonderful job in their talks or their musical numbers. It was really hard to be there, but I am glad it turned out so well. There was a huge turn out too. And many people have come up to me afterwards and apologized for not being there because they didn't know what day it was scheduled for. I have the service on CD if anyone wants a copy.
I wanted to share with you the cover of the funeral program. My sister did a wonderful job in designing it. I love the little pictures of his life down the side (and yes...that's really him with hippy hair!). The main picture was taken this year...I think in June or July. It was the most recent picture we had of him.
This is the back of the program. This picture was taken of my dad right before he met my mom. He is balancing on some wall, that's why he looks like he is trying to fly. We all really like this picture, so we wanted to include it on the program.
Thank you everyone who helped in any way to make the funeral run smoothly and the meal afterwards so delicious. We really had an excellent spread! THANK YOU ALL!
2 comments:
I really wish I could have been there. The program looks amazing. I know the spirit was there because your Dads spirit was huge. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Hi Erin,
I was really sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you saw the messages from me and my parents we left on the newspaper site. I didn't know what your blog was then. I love the program the pictures are wonderful! Just want you to know I have been thinking about you and your family and keeping you in my prayers! Hope we can keep in touch.
Love,
Gina Marie (Coleman) Wheeler
Post a Comment