More Random Thoughts
I was driving home from my mom's house one night and I saw a family of seven deer chilling out under the trees near the City Hall. It was SO COOL to see! I tried to take pictures, but I have a very crappy camera and they didn't turn out AT ALL. I don't see deer that often, and if I do it's only one or two at once. Not SEVEN together. That was a rare treat! Big ones, baby ones, and everyone in between. It was really neat.
A few weeks ago, I was one of four women who sang "I Wonder When He Comes Again" for a special musical number in Sacrament Meeting. And the other ladies talked me into singing a solo for a couple of lines. That was my first solo in Sacrament meeting in...I actually I can't remember the last time I sang a solo there. I always get SO NERVOUS singing solos. I don't know what the difference is between singing in smaller groups and singing solos. Why I get that nervous for solos, but not so nervous for a choir or quartets/trios/duets (even if I'm the only one on the part). It takes me an hour or more to get over the nerves after singing solos. Oh well. When we were singing all together on that Sunday, I thought we sounded good. But I am not sure how it sounded with me breaking out in solo in the middle of the song. I hope I didn't distract! That wouldn't be good. Now I am just rambling, so I'll stop this train of thought.
The Gila Valley Temple will be dedicated on May 23. The open house is April 23 to May 15 (two of those weeks, Kelli and I will be out of the country. We'll make it to the open house somehow, though). I am excited to have a temple closer with an easier drive to get there. And only seven stakes are assigned that temple, instead of close to 100 that are assigned to the Mesa Temple. It is always so busy when we have temple trips to Mesa. I am anxious to see how being in a smaller temple district will work. This is a really blessing in our lives!!
2 comments:
The song that you girls sang was so beautiful and your solo was amazing!
PS) I feel differently about seeing deer. I have seen a few up close and personal as I was driving...a few thousand dollars later my car looked good as new. The deer were a different story.
Hey, remember when you used to blog? heehee.
I don't know if you'll get this comment (if you get them emailed to you), but I miss your blogging. And I agree with Randi. Ditto. Your solo was amazing. I was so impressed. As many years as I've sung with you, you've always been in a group. I've known you have a great voice, but I never knew how strong it was. You go, girl!
Post a Comment