Disneyland / Knott's Scary Farm 2009
For Fall Break, Kelli, my mom, and I escaped to California. First we went to Disneyland. We met a lot of characters, like Minnie Mouse:
We enjoyed the Fall and Halloween decorations:
Even the Haunted Mansion is transformed into the Nightmare Before Christmas:
We had a fabulous time blasting Zurg while helping out Buzz Lightyear:
This is one of my favorite rides. And I take it VERY SERIOUSLY! You can see concentration on my face. :o)Being almost eaten by the Abominable Snowman:
Being transported into Cartoonland and being saved by Roger Rabbit:
Experiencing terror at the Hollywood Tower Hotel:
I didn't take too many pictures, but we went on almost every ride in both parks. We had a really fun time, but we wore ourselves out. But we still had one more park to experience:
On Friday night, Kelli and I went to Knott's Scary Farm. This Fright Night is the first of it's kind. And it is really elaborate with many special effects, very scary characters popping out from around corners or in the thick fog and making loud noises to make us scream, and thirteen different haunted mazes (and three in 3D...very trippy).
Here are some pictures of some of the decorations and the scary characters in the park:
These next few pictures shows how much fog and stuff was in the air. But the decorations were so cool, I wanted to try to take pictures through that thick stuff:
Here are the descriptions of all the haunted attractions. They were all very different. One trick is to act more scared than you really are. Then the characters pick on you more to get more screams out of you. It is really fun for all involved! My favorites were Terror of London, Big Top Bizarre (in 3D), Dia de Los Muertos (in 3D), and Quarantine.
This was a very fun trip! I lost my voice from all the screams, but I thought it was so worth it!
4 comments:
What a fun trip! And I agree, Tower of Terror is the best there is!
How fun! I love the Tower of Terror picture. You all look like you are posing! I am so glad you got away for a little vacation.
Sounds like you had a great time. Matt would love to be one of the monsters that walks around scaring people.
So fun!!! I love the Buzz ride!! we did it three times so I could try to beat the husband's score... but alas... it didn't happen.
Post a Comment