Strong winds and trash can lids are NOT good for the complexion
Today was trash day. I think my neighborhood is the first on the trash man's route, because he always comes around before 7:30am. It was about 7:10 and I heard the trash man in the next street over so I rushed outside to push the trashcan to the curb. It was really windy and stormy this morning, so I had to fight the elements as I hurried to get the trash out in time. Once I got it to the curb, a huge, strong gust of wind picked up the trash can lid and pushed it back quickly on the hinge. I was standing behind the trashcan at the time and SMACK ... the lid hit me square on the nose. OUCH! My eyes started watering, my nose ran. Luckily, it didn't break my nose, thank goodness!! It hit me right between the eyes on the bridge of my nose ... it swelled up pretty good and I had an immediate bruise. I put ice on it to take the swelling down, but I have to live with the bruise until it goes away on its own. So sad! If I put enough makeup on, I think I can pull off the I-got-a-little-dirt-on-my-face look. No one will even notice! :o)
3 comments:
OUCH! That's one of those things that is really funny later, but at the time just sucks! I hope it goes away fast for you!
It was pretty funny, so I can laugh at it now, but yes, I was in too much pain to laugh at it at the time. And the bruise on my nose isn't as bad as I initially thought it was going to be. That's another plus!
Oh man!!! I'm sorry! Good to hear you're laughing now. Feel better!
Post a Comment