Monday, December 8, 2008

Hello World!

Hello everyone! I haven't been very faithful at writing in my blog lately. I've just been trying to deal with everything that's happening plus with all the chaos that the holiday season brings. Thanksgiving was pretty good...different, but good. It was just my sisters and my mom. We had some good food, good cries, and good laughs. In the end, we overate but still enjoyed each other's company.

Now we are anticipating Christmas. My lights are hung around the outside of my house (and I mean around the whole house since you can see the back of the house from the main road), my tree is decorated, and I almost have all my other decorations up around my house. I really love this time of year. I listen to my favorite radio station, 94.9, that plays only Christmas music from the day after Thanksgiving to Christmas day. There are some really fun songs on that station, some not so good songs, and some extremely beautiful ones too. It really is beginning to feel like Christmas. Yay!

Here are some random pictures of my Christmas decorations:

The snowmen on my piano


My collection of Santa's from around the world


My Christmas Tree


One of my many nativity scenes. This one was made by my home teacher.
The pieces are cut from one piece of wood so it's like a puzzle to put them back
together again when I put it away. The pieces fit nicely in the manger that's set up
behind the set. It's different, but I really like it.


I wanted to show you my outside lights too, but it's too cold to go outside to take pictures. This is the first night it's been cold, windy, and rainy, so I am not used to it yet. It's been relatively warm up until now. I like it when it gets cold! :o)

2 comments:

Christy

Yay! Welcome back to the blogging world. And LOVE the nativity. Very different and all your snowmen and Santas. I really like the style you've decorated your house in. And we for sure need to see the outside lights, but maybe that'll have to be in person...Merry Christmas!

James and Shawna

I love it! You're such a good decorator, especially your tree. It's beautiful! And I love love the nativity, how clever! Merry Christmas Erin!