I got tagged again...
Wow! Christy did it again. This time I am supposed to tell you six quirky things about me. It's hard to limit it to just six...I have SO MANY quirks. Just ask my friends and family.
Let's see...
1. I am borderline obsessive compulsive or anal-retentive (I am not sure which) because I am such a perfectionist and things have to be JUST RIGHT! I CANNOT STAND when a picture is crooked. I feel compelled to fix it...and I mean COMPELLED. I HAVE TO fix it or I go crazy! Or if cupboards are left open...I HAVE TO close them. There are a million other examples of my undiagnosed disorder. It's been pretty funny when people test me to see how long I go without noticing something out of wack. When I was in college, my roommate's boyfriend would literally time me. I would leave the room for something, and he would quickly put a thumbtack in the wall in an odd place, or move the corner of a picture down slightly, and when I would return he would time me to see how long it took to notice and fix whatever he changed. I didn't realize he was doing this until later. I am getting better, though...I only fixate on things I have control over. I may notice something at my friend's house when I go visit them, but I don't HAVE TO fix it...It's not mine to fix. I had to learn that with living with over 50 girls during my college career (that's another story). I can only fix what is mine. :o)
2. I HAVE TO know what time it is ALWAYS! Even when I am sleeping. If there is not a clock somewhere near me, I get really nervous and start to feel a little crazy. My sister laughs at me when we travel and stay at a hotel. If there is not a clock that I can see when the lights are off, I have to have my cell phone or watch near so I can always have access to the time when I need to know. There have been several times when I had that desire to know the time almost as soon as we turned the lights off so I opened my cell phone to get the time and the light of the phone illuminated the room. My sister was so surprised the first time I did that. I had to tell her about my quirk. Now she always laughs at me.
3. I CAN'T STAND it when numbers are upside down on marquees. The marquee for the hymn numbers at church or the marquees for gas prices at a gas station are good examples. People always switch the 9's and 6's. Or the 8's and 3's are upside down a lot. It almost makes me ill when I see those upside down numbers.
4. I absolutely hate the sound of something scraping against ice. That sound is worse than nails on a chalkboard for me. For example, if a freezer gets a little too much ice buildup in it, I cringe every time the sliding racks scrap against the ice on the walls. I am cringing now just thinking about it. It makes my head hurt.
5. I really hate it when people chew with their mouths open and make a loud smacking sound with their lips. I think that is really disgusting.
6. My brain goes faster than my ability to speak. A lot of times, my brain is so far ahead, I get stuck trying to tell a story or give input into a conversation. My brain gets confused so it draws a complete blank and I stutter and stumble trying to figure out a very common word or trying to describe something I am saying. It is very frustrating to me when I can't carry on a conversation without stumbling. But I am very appreciative to people who try to finish my sentence or help me out when I get stuck.
So those are some of my quirks. I am supposed to tag six people, but I just tagged some people with the other post. So I invite anyone who hasn't done this tag before to do it.
4 comments:
Next time you come to my house not only wiill the cupboard doors be open, and the pictures crooked, but I'm going to have the couches and chairs just a little "off" Erin, I love you but I'm going to totally mess with your brain the next time you come :)
HaHaHaHaHaHa!! Leah, you are so funny. I can't wait to see what you do to your house to "mess with my brain". :o)
I love your quirks email. This is great. I have that OCD with pictures on the wall too. But I have learned not to fix them at other people's houses and have learn to let it go when I have too much to do. And I have the opposite problem. I hate CLOSING the cupboards cuz I hate the bang sound it makes. Same with slamming doors. Too funny. I wanna mess with your brain too! :)
I remember when Kevin would find out about your little quirks, he would "mess with you." He would purpose make a picture crooked and such. He always did the same kind of things to my dad. He loves to watch reactions. My parents always watch the same shows. Kevin once fixed my dad's tv remote so that it would flip to a different channel during his usual television show. It drove him nuts. We told him it was Kevin, we fixed it, and he got a good laugh.
Post a Comment