One CRAZY day!
This past Saturday was one DOOZY of a day!
It started out normal enough. I rode my bike the 7 mile round trip to my Weight Watchers meeting. After I returned home, I ate a little breakfast and hopped in the car to help host a Young Women Stake Sports day at our stake center ball field. It was the first time we had a sports day for our young women and it was pretty successful. The activity ended at noon and my mom and I had plans to go see the Lorax that afternoon.
When I got home, I jumped in the shower so I could be ready to see the movie. I had just gotten out when I got a phone call from my mom. She had just been in an accident and she was a pretty frantic. I threw on some clothes, jumped in the car, and raced to the scene of the accident (which was near where she lived).
When I got there, her car was already up on the tow truck's flat bed and it was pretty mangled! Luckily my mom was not like her car. She was banged up and bruised, but nothing more serious. Thank goodness! She was standing to the side waiting for the police to make a report. She didn't want to be taken to the ER. The other driver was also banged up, but he opted to be taken to the hospital as a precaution. The police officer assured us he was okay too.
The other car had hit and knocked over a light post and it was amazing how fast the electric company fixed it. Within three hours, it was already upright and out of the tree/bush that had caught it before it hit the nearby house.
I spent a few hours with my mom helping her at the scene of the accident, walking with her to Kelli's house, helping her call the insurance company and open an accident report, taking her to the tow yard to get the rest of the stuff from her car, getting her food for an early dinner, and making sure she was okay at home when I dropped her off. Once the adrenaline started wearing off, she was pretty sore and tired.
I got home and started decompressing from the stress of the day. About an hour later, I received another frantic call. This time from it was from a family friend who was stranded in Benson. They were coming back from The Gila Valley Temple and their car broke down outside of Benson. They were towed into Benson, but they needed help getting home to Sierra Vista. I jumped in the car and headed to Benson; however, I thought it would be faster going through Tombstone, but I added about 20 minutes onto the trip. Whoops!
I found the tow yard by just a few cryptic directions (but almost passed it, so I had to do some 'fancy' driving to make the turn into the parking lot). Luckily, they were okay, but tired from their ordeal. I was happy to be available to help them out.
I got home after 8pm. What a day! It started out normal, and then quickly became very far from normal. But I am glad that no one was seriously hurt and everyone is safe at home.
0 comments:
Post a Comment