Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! It is unbelievable how fast 2011 came and went. It was a year full of events, both big and small, but for some reason I had a hard time finding my way to this blog to tell you about the happenings in my life. I took the pictures, but I never made the time to upload them. I will try to fix that this year. I also want to try to catch up with things from years gone by, so I have a record of them somewhere, therefore I am going to start a new thing called "Flashback Fridays" where I will write about something from the past couple of years and post them on Fridays.

I am excited about 2012. It seems like it will be a good year and with a new year comes the sense of starting over again and being hopeful for things to come. In the past, I've made some grand resolutions that I had a hard time keeping. Most of them fell by the wayside. This year I thought I would resolve to things that would help me achieve my end goals. So instead of saying, I will lose two dress sizes, I am resolving to exercise 150 minutes a week. I ran a 5K last November and I want to run another one this Spring, so this 150-minutes-of-exercise-a-week resolution will help me achieve that end goal as well.

Another resolution I have is to get to work before 8am every day. With exercising in the mornings, it is sometimes difficult to get ready for and arrive at work before 8am, but I am resolved to do it this year. I hope by having this resolution I will have better time management and the end goal of being able to keep up with my house, or being able to keep up with my church calling, or being able to finally complete the many unfinished projects I have in my closet will be easier with having an extra hour after work to accomplish things.

So there you have it. This year I WILL be successful! The first week is over and I already can say so far so good. These resolutions are going to be pretty easy to keep. I am excited for the rewards and benefits by sticking to them. Bring it on, 2012!

0 comments: