Embarrassing Moment
On Friday, I went to a farewell party of a German federal employee who has worked here a year and is now returning back to Germany. We were at his German Liason officer's house and they made us the most wonderful dinner! I really love German food and man, oh man! did I indulge!
During the course of the evening, the other members of the group drank wine, beer, and then they got out the harder stuff. They each tried a shot of something I'd never heard of, but as they were pouring the drink, our host set each shot glass on fire before passing them out. It was weird, but it was funny to watch the people taste this drink.
I didn't want to be rude and just leave, especially since it wasn't a rowdy or rambunctious party. It a nice dinner party to say farewell to our German co-worker.
I started feeling really tired about 10:30PM and finally asked for my coat to leave. Our host stuck out his hand, so I took it and shook it while saying...to our host... in his house... "Thank you for coming, um...I mean, thank you for letting me come." What did I just say?! He was probably thinking "Are you sure you didn't drink?" Haha! I was so tired I didn't even know what was coming out of my mouth. I guess I get drunk by proximity because everyone else there seemed to hold their liquor quite well.
Haha! That was embarrassing, but I always seem to do something like that. Makes life more entertaining. :)
0 comments:
Post a Comment