My Birthday Weekend
My friend gave me a great idea. You have only one birthday a year...why not extend the celebration for an entire week around that day. That way you can do small things especially for you the whole week and don't have to cram all the celebrating into one day.
That is exactly what I did. I couldn't do the whole week, but I planned an awesome birthday weekend. Here is what we did...and some pictures too.
Wednesday, July 1, 2009 -- My actual birthday
My co-workers throw me a potluck at work. There was a lot of great food and awesome company. But the crowning moment was when my friends, Danny and Julie, presented the cake. Take a look at this awesome thing they made:

Isn't this the coolest thing! They got the idea from TasteSpotting.com.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Today, my mom, sisters and I went to this amazing restaurant in Bisbee called the Bisbee Breakfast Club. It is probably one of the best restaurants in this area. SO GOOD!! They serve breakfast and lunch. I've been there several times for breakfast, but today we went during lunch, so I got to try something new. I was NOT disappointed. They are called the Bisbee Breakfast Club, but they make an AMAZING lunch as well. If you are in this area, you MUST go to this restaurant!!!
After lunch, we went to Tombstone to go to the Arts and Crafts Fair in the park, but we ended up on a wild goose chase. We had to go to the Visitors Center to get directions to the city park, but when we arrived at the park, there was nothing there except some cheerleaders selling cotton candy. I asked the teacher where the craft fair was, and she told us it was moved to the Tombstone Motel. On the way walking there, a helpful Tombstone worker asked if we needed help finding a restaurant. I told her no, but asked her about the Craft Fair. She told me that I needed to write the City Government to complain because they canceled the weekend festivities. I told her we were told it was moved to the Tombstone Motel. She wished us luck and we continued walking to the motel. Once we arrived, we couldn't find it. I asked the office worker where the craft fair was. She said they were going to set up in the parking lot, but the police came around and told them if they set up they will be arrested. WHAT? She said the city dropped the ball about submitting permits, so they canceled everything. She did say some of the the vendors were trying to set up in an area next to Allen Street, so my mom, sisters, and I walked over to that area. We finally found the area...but when we walked into the alcove, a man was YELLING at one of the vendors. I mean, YELLING!! And the man was very intimidating because he was packing some SERIOUS heat! I heard later he was the Marshal. The vendor kept his cool, but the marshal started yelling about an $8000 fine and jail time. Wow! The funny part, though, was another man was video recording the whole exchange. I hope they are able to use that against the marshal. He was SO unprofessional! The other vendors started taking down their goods and putting away their tables. Too bad!
The Wild Goose Chase was an adventure, to say the least. It was kind of entertaining. And we got some good exercise after our big lunch/breakfast. :o)
Saturday, July 4, 2009
Today, I made a gourmet picnic for my family and we went to the Coronado National Memorial to enjoy the outdoors. I haven't been there for years...we actually were trying to go to Ramsey Canyon, but we missed the turn and we ended up here. What a lucky mistake! I want to go back and enjoy the hiking. I heard there is a cave you can explore too. So much fun.
Here are some pictures of the picnic:
Close up of the food--Chicken Marsala, Carmelized Potato and Asparagus Salad, and Multigrain bread. Yum!And the plates are SO COOL!!

Here is a picture of the scenery in Coronado National Memorial:

I had to throw in this picture. This cool looking car was parked outside of my mom's house when were were walking over to the fireworks display.

No birthday can be complete without fireworks. I don't know how they knew it was my birthday week, but it was a great show!! Thanks guys!



And what a fireworks show! Every year this show blows me away...especially the grand finale. Here is a video of part of the finale:
Sunday, July 5
Finally, today I opened my presents, had my birthday dinner, and had birthday cake and ice cream (or frozen yogurt).
In one of my family's traditions, we can choose anything for our birthday dinner, no matter how hard it is to cook. This year I felt like German food, so my mom and sister made schnitzel, hot potato salad, and marinated cucumbers. YUM!! I seriously was in heaven!

It was an extremely fun birthday weekend. Maybe too much food (and not very much of it Weight Watchers food), but it was all so yummy!!
Maybe I'll do it again next year! :o)




1 comments:
I had a lot of fun for your birthday weekend. We will definitely have to do it again next year!
Post a Comment